Monday, February 20, 2006

The Good & The Bad

I get to go and see Billy Connolly this Sunday night. Cool.

The tickets were a present off friends for Christmas. Very cool.

It just so happens it is on the same night as Tropfest. Uncool.

A Sunday night at that. What are the chances that both events would be on a Sunday night? I only picked up this conincidence when I double-checked the date on the ticket again.

To be honest I am pretty miffed. I can't exactly tell my mates who gave me the ticket .. "um .. you see .. I have been hanging out to see the Tropfest thing in the Domain, ever since I was doing my own Tropfest night in Lae, so sorry, Billy can wait". It wouldn't wash. Besides, I guess Billy is now getting a bit long in the tooth so there might not be another time.

Anyway shit happens. I guess I will just have to watch the finalists on the free DVD as per the last two years. (I hope there is a free DVD again).

In other news, I retrieved my collection of DVDs back off my sister (whom I visited over the weekend and my new niece) and in that bunch there is stuff I have been hanging out to see for a while. Especially the Sergio Leone, Man with No Name trilogy. Ooh baby, there will be some wasted hours watching these again [attempts whistle from the beginning of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly].

No comments: