Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Geocache?

I've been traipsing around the country recently and together with some mates we stumbled other this little curious object the other day.



An army green coloured metal tin box about the size of a shoebox. It is for something called Geo Caching but after just having a quick look at the website I am still none the wiser as to what all this is all about. Have I been out of the country for that long that these boxes are now turning up virtually every where? Or are they terrorist devices filled with a deadly biological agent?

Even though on the tin it said please do not disturb, our curiosity almost got the better of us when we attempted to open it up and check all the rattling contents out. Pulling up the handle and hearing the hiss of escaping air made me think twice in case a seal had been broken or those biological agents had now been released, but in the end I couldn't get it open anyway as the bloody lid wouldn't budge.

So if anyone can get me up to speed on what the go is with all this it will be muchly appreciated.

No comments: